The Woman In Black is coming to Spoleto Festival USA!

 


    A year ago, I posted this graphic on Facebook surrounded by posts where I bragged about the fancy new masks I was buying from costume designers and wardrobe folks around the country and saving Hyrule from its enemies. I am thrilled that in two weeks, I will be getting on a plane to Associate Direct THE WOMAN IN BLACK at the Spoleto Festival USA in Charleston, South Carolina.

    I feel honored to be among the first folks I know to go back to work to do in-person productions with live audiences. It is crucial that we succeed in our safety protocol and I am so satisfied with the COVID-19 protocols at Spoleto. All festival artists have promised to not eat indoors, we will all be masked except for moments where actors are performing or musicians are playing, and our performances will all be outside. The WOMAN IN BLACK pod of 7 is fully vaccinated. We are going to do our best to restore confidence in doing theatre and returning to the theatre, and I am confident in our ability to do so!

    Most of our seats are sold for our 15 performances (in pods of 2 and 4 for our masked audiences) which feels like a huge relief. People will come back when they feel safe, and Spoleto is doing it right. So this May, I'm posting about RETURNING to the theatre, I'm still bragging about my new Spring masks (Old Navy 5 packs are my favorite patterns right now!), and Hyrule continues to need our support in vanquishing its enemies.

    




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

May Term: Race and Gender in American Music Theatre

The Woman is BACK