The Woman is BACK

 

Image Description: Two white binders on a table that read "The Woman in Black." One belongs to Robin Herford, director, and the other Maggie Spanuello, Associate Director.

    The WOMAN IN BLACK has reopened Off-Broadway at the McKittrick Hotel! I was in the room again with THE MAN, Robin Herford, and the wonderful crew at the McKittrick. Audiences have been terrified, performance reports have been a joy to read, and I've been reunited with David Acton and Ben Porter from our first production pre-covid. 
    I'm also in the room with James Evans, who joins us again as the understudy for "The Actor," and Simon Hedger, who is the understudy for Mr. Kipps and joins us from the 2018/2019 US Tour. James was put on for two of our opening weekend performances and got an excellent review! I am a proud associate director. 
    
Image description: Robin Herford, wearing a great shirt and his navy blue mask, next to Maggie Spanuello, wearing a black shirt and a black mask, on the first day of rehearsal.

    Audiences in New York are masked and vaccinated. It felt amazing to return to New York for the first time since March 2020. I had a lot of bagels, a lot of rooftop sunsets, and I got to hug Caroline Neff when I ran into her at a production of Dana H. I'm so happy to be scaring audiences again with this show. If you're in New York, you'll want to go soon. This is a limited engagement! And if you're in San Francisco...well, I'll see you there next month! :) 

Image Description: The WOMAN IN BLACK program on the bar next to a pint of Guinness and a shot of Jameson. 




 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Woman In Black is coming to Spoleto Festival USA!

May Term: Race and Gender in American Music Theatre